Knocklong Historic Railway
Knocklong Development Association wished to create a new visitor attraction on the site of the historic Knocklong Railway, as part of a package of development which includes restoration of the 19th century Station Master’s House and the creation of a landscaped ‘green area’ for the enjoyment of the local community and visitors alike. The Knocklong Heritage Park encompasses a section of the original Knocklong Railway Station on the main Dublin to Cork line. It comprises the original Station Masters house, ticket office, gardens and park land situated on 2.5 acres.
Mirador Media was contracted to carry out the development of the interpretative interventions on site, in line with the 2014 Feasibility Report “The Knocklong Railway Project” developed by Ronan O’Flaherty. The output consisted of a full specification, capable of being put to separate tender for production and delivery. This involved precise direction as to the fit-out of each area, as well as concepts, interpretative interventions, all required scripting/copy, imagery, all required artwork, technological specifications, furnishing and interior decoration guide, floor plans, and visitor flows as well as an indicative cost is also required for delivery of product on the ground.
• High-level interpretative ‘vision statement’
• Identification of a number of Primary Interpretative Themes and stories
• A media-matrix, setting out the various media interventions which should be employed
• A description of the actual visitor experience, plus visitor flows, floor-plans and 3-D renderings.
• Provision of all required text and artwork to print-ready standard.
• Provision of all required scripting for audio interventions, plus concepts/source material for visual interventions
• Specification of all props, ornaments, wall-art and furnishings.
• Full specification of all items and services required to deliver the experience onsite. • Outline costing for delivery.